Experience Director & Frisbee Pro
Another ginger, McGyver-loving, sports fan, Scott Gray will always be 6 and a half years old in his own mind – probably because the TV shows were just so much cooler back then.
After school, Scott headed over to UCT to get his B.Com in Information Systems – it was here he learned that his passion was not for IT, infrastructures, and network planning diagrams, but rather for visioning the future of technology and how it might be used to bring brands to life.
Scott spent 4 and a half years at BMW South Africa, fulfilling the role of Interactive Marketing Manager where he managed all Internet marketing projects including new car launch campaigns, developing BMW’s social media strategy and creating a BMW owner’s CRM programme, but now he’s back. We say back because Scott actually joined Quirk in 2002 for near on 3 years as the resident Frisbee Evangelist (we think that means he did a lot of just about everything). He obviously missed us and we’re thrilled he’s back.
As per his twitter profile, Scott describes himself as a "Specialist generalist. Digital thinker. Father of two. Fly-fisherman with a poor track record. Amateur surfer. Music lover. Head of Experience Design at Quirk."
"The more you know, the less you need." ~ Yvon Chouinard
Failing that, "Righty tighty, left loosey" ~ Unknown, is a useful fallback.
Blog posts by this author
- Worthwhile links: Facebook gets emotional, talking loud saying nothing, pivoting, and falling on your face
- Worthwhile Links: On agile business culture, retail disruption, live in the now, and the next 20 years
- Worthwhile links: Internet trends, wisdom pills, cheap 3D printers
- Winning at Ecommerce - 6 things to think about
- Worthwhile links: Leaks, disruption, electric cars, boring objects, and more
- Worthwhile links: Drones on demand, provocative thoughts, coffee makers, tiny robots
- Worthwhile Links: Amazon Dash, Gmail, Little Data, and more
- Worthwhile links: Smartwatches, Search trends, Pixar, Social advertising
- Viral: First Kiss (+ bonus)
- Viral: Oscar Mayer - Wake Up & Smell The Bacon App
- Viral: Hover Boards - Back from the future?
- Worthwhile links: Social success, silence, and selfies..
- Music Mix: NPR's Austin 100 - SXSW 2014 Mix
- Worthwhile links - Mixed bag edition
- DHL - Trojan Mailing
- An Interview With the CEO of World Design Capital 2014 Alayne Reesberg
- Introducing the Design Engine - A World Design Capital 2014 update
- Worthwhile Links - Design thinking edition
- #DesignThinking: Aerial photographs that make you think..
- Interview: Design and Design Thinking with Fran Luckin
- #DesignThinking: How oceans can clean themselves
- How to make an eMarketing textbook
- Music Mix: 2013 - Something Old, Something New [PART 2]
- Worthwhile links - Education Edition
- #education: The key to success? Grit - Angela Lee Duckworth
- #education: Bring on the learning revolution! Sir Ken Robinson
- Music Mix: 2013 - Something Old, Something New [PART 1]
- What's the one thing?
- WestJet Christmas Miracle: real-time giving
- YouTube Rewind: What Does 2013 Say?
- Worthwhile Links [w/c 9.12]
- The Most Viral Ads of 2013
- "Digital" - A working definition.
- BIG GAME - animation short from SA
- Worthwhile Links [w/c 1.12]
- Worthwhile Links [w/c 18.11]
- Is Dinovember The New Movember?
- Volvo Trucks - The Epic Split feat. Van Damme
- The Role of Design in Building Customer Affinity
- Share a Coke with Bobby
- Worthwhile links - 5/11/13
- #viral: How not to catch a skateboarder
- Digital in Africa, 3 things marketers should think about
- The Experience Planner: The Next Step In The Planner Role Evolution
- Another '...Year of Mobile' SRSLY?
- Think Small, Build Value, Earn Attention
- Relevance - The Key to Content Discovery
- The Evolution of the Status Update - From What to Where?
- Digital Wrap Up 2009
- Wonderwall Inc. and Japanese Aesthetic Principles
- Site Of Note: Facebook.com/coca-cola