Head of Planning & Frisbee Pro
Another ginger, McGyver-loving, sports fan, Scott Gray will always be 6 and a half years old in his own mind – probably because the TV shows were just so much cooler back then.
After school, Scott headed over to UCT to get his B.Com in Information Systems – he chose this over Nuclear Physics, simply because he figured it would be a bit easier.
Scott spent 4 and a half years at BMW South Africa, fulfilling the role of Interactive Marketing Manager where he managed all Internet marketing projects including new car launch campaigns, developing BMW’s social media strategy and creating a BMW owner’s CRM programme, but now he’s back. We say back because Scott actually joined Quirk in 2002 for near on 3 years as the resident Frisbee Evangelist (we think that means he did a lot of just about everything). He obviously missed us and we’re thrilled he’s back.
Like all the QuirkStars, he simply can’t live without Google and chose the online life because connecting to information beyond his own computer gave him access to stuff way cooler than the crappy games he had on his PC at the time. When he’s not planning on how to rid the country of all coins below the 50c increment, he’s honing his frisbee and fly-fishing skills.
Apart from his years of experience, Scott believes that he brings something extra to the Quirk dynamic - an accurate medium pace bowler and decent lower order batsman (these Quirk boys and their cricket!).
This laid back ginger says he is defined by his wife, his music, his photos, fishing stuff and his frisbees (we think he may be a tad obsessive when it comes to frisbees – but we’re not the judgey type). You can find out more about Scott by visiting his blogs - www.scott.za.net and http://Thescott.tumblr.com or by following him on Twitter.
"Righty tighty, left loosey" ~ Unknown
Blog posts by this author
- Worthwhile links: Facebook gets emotional, talking loud saying nothing, pivoting, and falling on your face
- Worthwhile Links: On agile business culture, retail disruption, live in the now, and the next 20 years
- Worthwhile links: Internet trends, wisdom pills, cheap 3D printers
- Winning at Ecommerce - 6 things to think about
- Worthwhile links: Leaks, disruption, electric cars, boring objects, and more
- Worthwhile links: Drones on demand, provocative thoughts, coffee makers, tiny robots
- Worthwhile Links: Amazon Dash, Gmail, Little Data, and more
- Worthwhile links: Smartwatches, Search trends, Pixar, Social advertising
- Viral: First Kiss (+ bonus)
- Viral: Oscar Mayer - Wake Up & Smell The Bacon App
- Viral: Hover Boards - Back from the future?
- Worthwhile links: Social success, silence, and selfies..
- Music Mix: NPR's Austin 100 - SXSW 2014 Mix
- Worthwhile links - Mixed bag edition
- DHL - Trojan Mailing
- An Interview With the CEO of World Design Capital 2014 Alayne Reesberg
- Introducing the Design Engine - A World Design Capital 2014 update
- Worthwhile Links - Design thinking edition
- #DesignThinking: Aerial photographs that make you think..
- Interview: Design and Design Thinking with Fran Luckin
- #DesignThinking: How oceans can clean themselves
- How to make an eMarketing textbook
- Music Mix: 2013 - Something Old, Something New [PART 2]
- Worthwhile links - Education Edition
- #education: The key to success? Grit - Angela Lee Duckworth
- #education: Bring on the learning revolution! Sir Ken Robinson
- Music Mix: 2013 - Something Old, Something New [PART 1]
- What's the one thing?
- WestJet Christmas Miracle: real-time giving
- YouTube Rewind: What Does 2013 Say?
- Worthwhile Links [w/c 9.12]
- The Most Viral Ads of 2013
- "Digital" - A working definition.
- BIG GAME - animation short from SA
- Worthwhile Links [w/c 1.12]
- Worthwhile Links [w/c 18.11]
- Is Dinovember The New Movember?
- Volvo Trucks - The Epic Split feat. Van Damme
- The Role of Design in Building Customer Affinity
- Share a Coke with Bobby
- Worthwhile links - 5/11/13
- #viral: How not to catch a skateboarder
- Digital in Africa, 3 things marketers should think about
- The Experience Planner: The Next Step In The Planner Role Evolution
- Another '...Year of Mobile' SRSLY?
- Think Small, Build Value, Earn Attention
- Relevance - The Key to Content Discovery
- The Evolution of the Status Update - From What to Where?
- Digital Wrap Up 2009
- Wonderwall Inc. and Japanese Aesthetic Principles
- Site Of Note: Facebook.com/coca-cola