Jean obtained a diploma in software and Web Development through Smartsource before working as a Java Developer for two years. In 2006 Jean discovered Quirk and the rest is history. After a stint as a Java Developer, Jean soon realised his passion lay in building front-end interfaces and has made a switch to this discipline over the last couple years at Quirk. Jean now oversees both teams and holds the auspicious title of Group Head of Engineering.
Jean keeps himself incredibly busy in the Quirk tech department and was integral in ensuring that we created a super slick interface for the launch of BrandsEye Version 2. His clever use of HTML 5 impressed everyone in the office, and also managed to garner us some well-deserved publicity on the interwebs! Jean's hard work hasn't gone unrecognised either. In 2012 he was awarded top honours in the Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) category at the Rising Star Awards!
When he's not waging war against the evil spam bots or enjoying front-end "adventures" in HTML 5 and mobile for Quirk's lovely clients, he is a dedicated sports fanatic; Jean is always keen to play a game of cricket or rugby.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Jean passed the GAIQ (Google Analytics Individual Qualification)
Blog posts by this author
- Responsive Versus Mobile Website Design - A Comparison
- HTML5: Are we there yet?
- Cross-browser Support - Be Gone With Pixel Perfection
- Website Usability: Navigation Made Easy
- Website Usability: Show me the Usability
- Website Usability: An Introduction
- Moving to the Cloud
- How We Stop Spam
- Cricket 2.0
- Stopping spam comments gracefully
- Easy Linking
- FNB embraces open source
- Akismet the spam slayer
- The bots are back in town
- Easy come, easy go
- Should it stay, or should it go?
- Creative Commenting
- So how is life without CAPTCHAs?
- An alternative to irritating CAPTCHAs
- The Google brain drain