Jason Gird joined the QuirkStudlings in the Cape Town QuirkStation’s intern pen in January 2012. Jason (or J-Dawg to his mates) grew up with stars in his eyes and dreams of putting Hollywood stars in front of his camera. Although he has yet to become an Oscar winning filmmaker, his time spent on various film and advertising sets as a child sparked a passion for the marketing world.
After attending Reddam House, Jason plumped up his CV with a three year Degree in Film Production from the University of Cape Town. Not yet done, he went on to get his Post Graduate Degree in Advertising and Marketing from Red & Yellow.
J-Dawg’s easily distracted by Norwegian girls, in fact when two of these lovelies once caught his eye, he sustained an injury involving smashing glass and a foot (don’t ask!). Jason loves spending his time on the beach or braai-ing with friends with a gin or brandy and Coke in hand. His favourite hang-outs online includeYouTube, Wired and Wikipedia.
“Never listen to the pessimist”
Blog posts by this author
- Viewable Impressions - The Shift In Booked Media
- Google Vs Bing: The Search Engine Experiment
- Twitter Advertising: Ready for Global Use?
- The New Emailer
- New York Company Shows How Twitter Can Make Us Better Humans
- Online distance education now offered by Harvard & MIT
- New OK Go video with Chevrolet: Another Brand/Band Hook up