Senior Conceptual Copywriter & Slavid
David Schild joined Quirk Jozi in August 2011. After finishing up at St.Benedict’s College, he pursued his passion for writing at the University of Johannesburg where he completed an undergrad in Journalism before scooping his Honours and Masters in Politics.
Also nicknamed “Rib” (don’t ask), David says his days before joining the QuirkStation involved late nights, terrorism research (?) and endowing the youth of South Africa with pearls of wisdom. Luckily, his older brother encouraged him to explore a life online and that’s when he discovered Quirk. Yay us! He brings a taste of eagerness, entertainment and awkward silences to the Station, along with a penchant for soaking up useless bits of information.
David’s got a special place in his heart for his Xbox, guitar and his four furry mutts. He’s opinionated, has a cracker sense of humour and says he’ll always be a 9 year old at heart. And in case you didn’t know… David was born with a split tongue. Yes, ssssseriously.
“At twenty a man is full of fight and hope. He wants to reform the world. When he is seventy he still wants to reform the world, but he knows he can’t.” ~ Rodney Dangerfield.
Blog posts by this author
- Empty Vessels: A Plea For Meaningful Content
- Brainstorming: A Practical Guide To A Horribly Impractical Process
- Let's Script Some Viral Success, Shall We?
- Nestle Gamify 3D Projection Mapping
- GoPlast Stumble Into a Viral Formula
- Airbnb: A Lesson in Purpose-Driven Design
- Content Rules: The Pulling Power of Parody
- Nokia, 3D Projection & Deadmau5 - Stunning.
- SA Calf Rescue Warms Hearts
- Buck Norris Blows Up