Craig started tapping away in BASIC on a ZX Spectrum computer 21 years ago, and things just haven't been the same since. After progressing to a PC and the big wired world, he graduated with a BSc. Eng. and moved into the telecommunications field as a qualified engineer, putting up radio towers (of all things).
A change of career into focused software development using C++ followed before he adopted Java as his medium for implementing the ideas that created Quirk's technology. He joined Quirk as CTO in 2001 and became CEO in 2005 following international expansion. Craig is also responsible for SearchStatus, an extension for the popular browser Firefox. SearchStatus has achieved some minor fame in the search industry, due in the most part to the suggestions and support from its users amongst which it can claim some notable names.
Craig is now back in his favourite role of founding CTO of the Quirk Group of technology based companies. A further focus is Quirk Labs, where crazy ideas, prototype development and guerilla marketing mix to create a blend of entrepreneurial engineering.
When not in front of his Mac, Craig likes to spend time outdoors and is a keen mountain biker and aspirant mountaineer.
Craig has passed the GAIQ (Google Analytics Individual Qualification).
Blog posts by this author
- Ignore the URL at your peril
- Choosing your digital partner
- HTML5 as the new WORA
- Mobile App or Mobile Site?
- HTML5: What You Need to Know
- Quirk SearchStatus Now Supports Canonical Link Tags!
- SearchStatus version 1.27
- BrandsEye - Monitoring your feedback
- BrandsEye Reputation Monitoring – now available for $1 per month!
- Earn $1500 by referring our next Java Programmer
- Can search emulate the web browser?
- Firefox 3 and SearchStatus
- The BrandsEye blog
- Kulula stole our moolah!
- Social network virtual machine
- iPhone implications
- SearchStatus adds Compete rankings
- Amatomu Search Plugin
- Alexa, Compete and Quantcast
- New feed URL
- Sun open sources Java
- The Microsoft monopoly is just economics
- Thanks, Geoff!
- How should we address you, Sir?
- What if search engines were open?
- All your stats are belong to us
- Google Analytics to replace PageRank?
- So what's your readership?
- Acting Now
- Open Sourced Amazement
- Alexa says Google is king, but not in mail
- Emarketing ethicality?
- Notable anecdotal
- Viral campaign goes to the dogs
- Microsoft strong-arms SenderID
- The Third Button
- Blind bots and worker bees
- A reason for being?
- Drip Irrigation