Email Marketing Champion & Batty About Backpacking
Carmia Lureman joined Cape Town’s QuirkStation in April as our first ever dedicated Email Marketing Champion within the Engage Team. Growing up, she’d watch Brakkenjan while dreaming of becoming a ballet dancer, but after school she abandoned ballet shoes for the books and set off to UCT. Carmia completed her BA in Drama, English and Media and, whilst working, got a Diploma in the Principles of Branding at Vega.
Before joining Quirk, Carmi, worked in online marketing for an ESP before she caught the attention of our Head Ginger himself. She chose a life online as there’s always something on the go and no room to get bored!
She likes blue (‘cause it makes her eyes pop) and can’t spend a day without iGoogle, Mail & Guardian, Evernote and her Jack Russell, Dharma. She also occasionally crushes on a certain tall, outspoken 5FM DJ.
This walking-restaurant guide would spend her ideal day off with a cuppa tea and her RSS reader before a bit of second-hand book hunting, a walk on the beach and drinks with friends in the evening. If she had her way, she’d standardise email clients and browsers across all devices to make rendering issues a thing of the past! Viva the Champ!
Blog posts by this author
- Factoring Email Into Your Content Strategy
- Email Content: Local Brands That Are Getting It Right
- Email Marketing: Choosing A Campaign That Best Suits Your Business
- Responsive Email Design For Your Mobile Strategy
- Wrapping Your Head Around 'Big Data'
- The Convergence of CRM with Social Media: An Introduction
- Nurture your Leads with Email to Seal the Deal
- Email myths debunked
- Animated channel spreads quality content
- The secret behind Amazon
- Fact Box: Insights into mobile email usage
- Shoppers love email. Fact.
- Site of Note: Memolane
- Easy-to-read emails
- Friday Fact Box: Information overload?
- Site of Note: Seamless Shopping with Abercrombie & Fitch
- Email, Facebook and Twitter: What you’re getting out of each