Online Reputation Management is the process of measuring, monitoring and shaping conversations about your brand, on the Internet. In simple terms, it involves a 3 step process:
- Listening to the online conversation around your brand.
- Understanding what is being said about it and why they are saying it.
- Interacting with your consumers to mitigate any damage to your brand that could potentially arise as a result of negative feedback about your company, product or business methods.
Why is ORM so Important?
In a world where so much communication is taking place in the digital domain and people are learning about brands and products through consumer generated media, there is a growing need to monitor and protect your online reputation.
The fact is, anyone can say anything about your staff, company or brand and get away with it. The downside of this: one complaint of bad service will travel as fast as a virus and it will negatively impact on your business.
With tens of thousands of new websites, blog posts, forums and chat rooms being created daily, businesses can no longer afford to ignore the comments of their customers. Fortunately Quirk eMarketing offers a full Online Reputation Management service, which is vital to any public relations campaign. These services will keep you aware of how you are being portrayed online and give you invaluable advice pertaining to strategies to manage bad publicity.
The role of ORM is not only to expose the chinks in your brand's armour but also to reveal opportunities for your company to harness the true power of the Internet. By providing you with crucial information, Quirk's ORM services will allow you to tailor your eMarketing strategies like never before.
Articles on Online Reputation Management
- Top 5 Search Operators for Online Reputation Monitoring
- 10 Rules to Recover from an Online Brand Attack
- 5 Tips for Online Reputation Management
- ORM for the Average Joe
- ORM chapter in the eMarketing Textbook
- ORM posts on GottaQuirk
Quirk has 11 years of experience in the eMarketing field and is proudly a Google Analytics authorised consultancy and a qualified Google Adwords company. For more information contact us to learn why Online Reputation Management software is essential for any business.