Quirk Education, in partnership with the University of Stellenbosch’s Business School Executive Development LTD (USB-ED), presents the distance-based Social Media 2: Application and Best Practice.
- Developing your social strategy by gaining a complete understanding of the target market and competitors
- The platforms available, including social networks, aggregators, bookmarking, content sharing and blogging
- Long-term engagement strategies, focusing on successful social media marketing
Module Two: Understanding and Selecting Channels
- The range of social media channels available to marketers
- Guidelines and case studies demonstrating how these channels can address business needs
- The critical content planning process and how specific business goals and needs drive strategies
- Analysing the business objectives and brand for effective, relevant social media content
- Creating content both for ‘always on’ day-to-day sharing and for dedicated campaigns
- A practical implementation guide for setting up social media spaces for a brand
- Designing beautiful brand pages across different channels and mediums
- Understanding the powerful technical capabilities of social media platforms
- Platform-specific guidelines and protocols for improving social media and reputation management
- The intricacies of community management, including challenges and benefits
- Managing customer relationships through social media, allowing the brand to engage meaningfully with customers
- Running customer support through social media, and managing a brand’s online reputation through social tools
- Effectively and accurately reporting on advanced social media marketing efforts
- Optimising campaigns and marketing efforts for an increased return on investment
Why Should I Take This Course?
Learn advanced strategies and practices for engaging on social media as a brand
Address a wide range of business challenges effectively and economically using social media
Learn how to use social media to gain marketplace intelligence and develop loyal fans
- Current or aspiring social media marketers, brand managers, customer service or PR executives, entrepreneurs and content marketers
- Digital marketers who want an advanced understanding of social media marketing techniques and global best-practice principles
- Marketers who aim to dramatically increase brand awareness, sales and conversions through advanced social media marketing
- Anyone who wants to promote their brand more effectively online
"This [social media course] is virtually perfect! The assignments made me think and the feedback was great."
Nandi Canning, Sponsorship & Events, Old Mutual Encounters Concerts
I really found the course worthwhile in terms of content and application, and it was extremely well run. It has opened a whole new world for me, and I have taken a lot from it and look forward to putting it all into practice!
Candice Goodman, Co Founder and Managing Director of Mobitainment
The material has opened up my mind and my poor agency is now bearing the brunt of the ideas that have been generated. They are really needing to up their game now that I know what is missing from, not only our web articles, but also our lack of use of certain tools. The video lectures were a great help in making the course more personal and emphasising certain points. It has been a great experience!